Saturday, September 20, 2014

Signs, signs, everywhere signs!

Coming to your neighborhood soon!  I was given a great piece of advice recently…start with what you know, where you know. 

My first campaign signs went out on Thursday.  Look for them on St. Elmo at Vinson, S 1st at Emerald Wood, on Redd and on Manchaca at Redd.  



As I have said from the beginning…this is a grassroots campaign.  The signs are all hand painted on reclaimed/scrap materials and white poster board. I'm taking campaign contributions to offset art supplies and laminating costs (~$2 ea).  If you would like to request a sign, let me know.  

I feel like this sends the right message…
Frugality, Resourcefulness, Doing more with Less.  

If I am elected to the AISD School Board, that is exactly the mindset I will need to bring to best represent the interests of our students. It's all about the kids. 

In District 6, we have 18 schools.  Travis, Crockett and Akins High Schools and their feeders. Geographically, we start at Barton Springs and head all the way south to the Hays county line, with I-35 to the east and Lamar/Manchaca to the west. There are a few nuances. See attached the map. https://www.austinisd.org/board/boundaries  

Since I am clearly Pro-Community/Pro-Neighborhood schools, I would really like the opportunity to meet, ride bikes or paint posters with you and your friends in your neighborhood.  

  1. What are the things your neighborhood schools and surrounding communities are doing well?
  2. What are some of the opportunities you see that could make your neighborhoods safer, sustainable, vibrant and healthy?
  3. What are your biggest concerns?
I look forward to connecting with you. 

Best~
Kate Mason-Murphy
for AISD School Board, District 6

PS  Save the date…October 12th.  Details coming soon!

512-351-5576



No comments:

Post a Comment